you've got that right. why is it that we read books like this? to be assured that our own lives aren't as bad? to gain strength from the author, who of course, overcomes all odds and becomes successful, able to love and be loved and have a family, despite their horrible upbringing? an interesting thought...julie, you should put some books on here, so we can see what you read...
Definitely worth the read. Really unbelievable story. Great suggestion Leah. I got from the lib on Monday and was done Tuesday night! (I haven't been working...)
5 comments:
Ohhh..... read that one a couple of years ago. Downright disturbing.
julie
you've got that right. why is it that we read books like this? to be assured that our own lives aren't as bad? to gain strength from the author, who of course, overcomes all odds and becomes successful, able to love and be loved and have a family, despite their horrible upbringing? an interesting thought...julie, you should put some books on here, so we can see what you read...
Okay... If I knew how, I would!!
I suppose I could just write in the comment section....
julie
you can always email either erica and i and we can publish them for you!
Definitely worth the read. Really unbelievable story. Great suggestion Leah. I got from the lib on Monday and was done Tuesday night! (I haven't been working...)
Post a Comment