Suggestion from Hillary originally.
I just read this book and I didn't want it to end. The story is about Ruth, a high school sex ed teacher who has had some problems with the local church, The Tabernacle because she teachers her students that safe sex is fine, and about Tim, Ruth's daughters soccer coach, who just happens to go to The Tabernacle.
Ruth and Tim are both divorced, both going through a bit of a struggle in their love lives.
Witty, sharp, excellent read! (a refreshing change from all the chick lit that gets read around here!) It was a bit of a slow start (I felt like the characters were still be developed half way in) but totally worth it in the end. I think you would like it!
1 comment:
i read this one a few weeks ago...i'm not sure how i feel about it. i definitely enjoyed it, but wasn't sure how i felt about the God/church aspect of this novel. i didn't like the ending. i guess i wasn't sure what this book was trying to be. but a good read, for sure.
Post a Comment