Jake, a med student turned carpenter, and Janet, a whip-smart political aide, meet by accident - she backs into his truck one late night in a donut shop parking lot - one year after his former girlfriend, Giselle, was killed in a September 11 plane crash.
Jake and Janet forge a relationship with death always close at hand - Janet has a chronic illness and Jake is still hurting over Giselle. Just when the two main characters realize they love one another, Janet is admitted to the hospital with probably on 10 days left to live....Can Jake's devotion to her help keep her alive?
3 comments:
is this a cheesy book? it sounds like it has the possibility of being cheesy....
Remarkably - no! I didn't find it cheesy at all....I realize my review makes it sound a bit cheesy, but it's not. I hope you read it and find the same...
I am having a hard time getting into "Broken for You" but have liked the first bit that I have read. Will keep on...
I have a couple of suggestions for you chickies - "Deafening" by Frances Itani and "Remebering The Bones" (same author - very different books - both enjoyable). Also, took Hillary's suggestion for The Secret Life of Bees. Thank you - loved it!
juliana
Post a Comment