Monday, March 14, 2011

"The Girl In the Glass" by Jeffrey Ford

Just remember I read this and that I should post it! I am bad at posting on here! About con men in the 1930's who do seances for wealthy citizens of New York (I think). One day, the lead con actually sees a ghost of a girl in the glass window while conning another man into believing his dead mother is communitcating with him. Naturally, the con team, consisting of the lead guy, the big man and Diego, an illegal Mexican immigrant (who poses regularily as a spiritual man from the middle east) follow the trail of this ghost girl, and it leads to some surprising places.
This story is completely far fetched, but it was also fun read about the methods these men employed to pull off their cons. The story is told from Diego's perspective.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Liked this one, Erica! A fun read and I liked the ending.