Saturday, October 29, 2011

"Never Knowing" by Chevy Stevens

Erica, I know you didn't like her other book ("Still Missing", about the realtor who gets abducted) but this one is less yucky.

Sara lives with her daughter Ally and fiance Evan on Vancouver Island. Adopted as a baby, Sara has never felt like she fits in with her adopted family and one day she decides to track down her birth mother. With this discovery, Sara finds out that her biological father is a serial killer known as "The Campsite Killer" (he only kills in the summer months and only at campsites). Sara's birth mother was the only victim to ever escape alive, but not before he raped her. John, the serial killer, insists on phoning Sara and "getting to know her", or else he'll kill again. Trying to help the police catch him, Sara goes along with the plan and talks on the phone with John almost daily.

An interesting read. I liked it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that book Still Missing scared the be-geebers out of me, but I just kept reading it because i had to know how she escaped! That was disturbing. I am nervous to try this one!!

julie