Sunday, March 25, 2012

"The Confession" By John Grisham

I promise I will try to limit my John Grisham posts! Although I did just buy two of his books at a garage sale today, so expect those sometime in the future! (Don't worry, I just started a non-Grisham book, and am liking it so far, so you can expect that too sometime in the future!)

This one is about an innocent man on death row in Texas. He is about to face lethal injection, when a career criminal steps forward to claim that he actually committed the crime the innocent man has been convicted of.

Really fast paced and you just want to know what will happen with every turn of the page. I was actually kind of anxious while reading this one - I just needed to know what would happen, as though my reading pace would somehow determine the outcome. I obviously really liked this one!

6 comments:

Leah said...

Erica, I did not know you were a John Grisham fan! Have you always been? My reading these days has been quite lack-luster, so this one seems to be just what I need!! Looking forward to the other Grisham recommendations!

Erica said...

I just started reading his books. Mom & dad told me I would like Grisham novels, so I started with King of Torts. Now I am hooked! A good section go-to if you are wandering around the library looking for something good to read! (although in my library there are never any actually on the shelf....)

Anonymous said...

not in at my library either. I'm reading 'the litigators' right now, so far so good.
love barb

Anonymous said...

Here's a couple of suggestions of books I really enjoyed as of late: The Patron Saint of Liars by Ann Patchett and Why Men Lie by Lynden MacIntryre. Yes, I see the lying theme, but trust me when I say it is completely coincidental!!

Love,
Julie

Leah said...

Only on Chapter 12 of this one, but loving it! Makes Reid's night time feedings that much more enjoyable!

Erica said...

Yeah, hard to put down!