Friday, August 24, 2012

"I Heart New York" by Lindsey Kelk

This is total chick lit and not even very good chick lit, at that. I'm definitely giving this an "OK to Skip" label, and am not even sure why I continued to read the 3 books after this first one, but I guess the writing was passable enough and the story interesting enough to keep me going.

Angela Clark is the maid of honour at her best friends wedding when she finds her fiance "shagging" some blonde in the back of their SUV in the parking lot during the wedding reception.Totally stunned, she hi-tails it to NYC, checks into a hotel, meets Jenny Lopez (I kid you not, and no, it's not J.Lo) and turns her life around. New haircut, new makeup, a great job writing a blog at a fashion mag and of course, boys galore. I am a sucker for those "I got a new life" books and this did not disappoint, however, the sheer amount of drinking and getting drunk this character does gets old pretty fast, and the "F*** you's" can take a hike any day now. And for someone who used to wear sweats and ratty t-shirts, Angela sure gets into the couture pretty quickly and naturally. But, it is fiction, isn't it? Anyway, a good breezy read.

The other books in the series:
"I Heart Hollywood", "I Heart Paris", "I Heart Vegas", "I Heart London" (have not read this last one)

No comments: