Thursday, September 4, 2008
"The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett
This is a huge tome of a book (seriously, I hurt my arms just trying to hold this beast upright) set in 12th century England, focusing on the main character of Philip, the prior of a monastery who wants to build the world's greatest cathedral and Tom, his architect. This book is definitely not for everyone, there is a big emphasis on architecture, but I just skimmed past the boring parts. There is also sex, rape/pillaging, etc. But I have enjoyed this book and want to find out how it ends, which is why I am still reading it, 3 weeks later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Interesting. I read the book about 13 years ago, and I would have said the book was about tom and his children. I loved the architecture stuff
Unca ray
well, i just copied what it said on the jacket of the book. but you are right, unca, it is about Tom and his children.
How did this get posted in 2008 and I only read it now???
Anyway, I loved it! Great suggestion!
Hopefully now that I am done this sucker I can post something great for you to read!
Post a Comment