Friday, September 19, 2008

"Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen

I don't know what I thought about this book. It's about a man who becomes a vet for a train circus in the 1930's after he runs away from tradgedy at home. The story is told as he looks back on his life while in his 90's living in a nursing home.

I had some trouble with this book. I had read some great reviews of it and some recommendations etc, but honetsly, I don't know what the big deal about it is. Kind of a take it or leave it kind of book for me.

Lots of explitives in the writing; graphic detail/sexual content.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I finally got this book from the library and finished it today. I loved it! I couldn't put it down - I thought it was written well and the storyline kept me interested. I really wanted to read it before it became a movie (coming out in April 2011 - sure to be a bust, like most book-inspired movies). I actually think I will add this to my "to buy" book list - I liked it that much! I've also got her other 2 novels out from the lib, hope to read them over the holidays.