THE CITY OF EMBER
"Citizens of Ember shall be assigned work at twelve years of age...
Lina Mayfleet desperately wants to be a messenger. Instead, she draws the dreaded job of Pipeworks laborer, which means she'll be working in damp tunnels deep underground.
Doon Harrow draws messenger - and asks Lina to trade! Doon wants to be underground. That is where the generator is, and Doon has an idea about how to fix it. For as long as anyone can remember, the great lights of Ember have keep the endless darkness at bay. But now the lights are beginning to flicker..."
THE PEOPLE OF SPARKS
When Lina and Doon lead their people up from the underground city of Ember, they discover a surface world of color and life. The people of a small village called Sparks agree to help the Emberites, but the villagers have never had to share their village before. Soon differences between the two groups escalate, and it's up to Lina and Doon to find a way to avoid war!
**These are SUCH incredible books, I can't even begin to say how much I enjoyed them! They have reignited my love of Jr Fiction and I am eager to hear about some more great Jr Fiction reads. Suggest away!!
**THIS JUST IN: I have just been looking on Amazon to see how much it would cost me to add these great novels to my collection, and I have discovered that there are 2 more novels in the "Ember" duo. Obviously I haven't read these yet, but you can sure I plan on it!
"The Prophet of Yonwood"
and
"The Diamond of Darkhold"
4 comments:
They do sound good! I'll have to check them out.
I read "Indian in the Cupboard" when I was home for Christmas, did I tell you that? Jr. Fiction rocks it!
your M said she didn't get into these books, so now sure how you'll like them, but i really loved book 1! book 2 a slight disappointment. i read the Indian in the Cupboard back in Sept! what a great book!!
Hey Leah. I read them both! Book 1 is much better than book 2, but still I read them and they are good! And you know what else? I said I had attempt to read City of Ember and failed but once I started the book I realized that I had a different book in mind and had never read them before. I get my books mixed up sometimes, how about you? I'm not sure if I will carry on to read #3 & 4.
Love you, auntie barb
I just re-read City of Ember (because I was between lib books and just picked something off my shelf) and was reminded of how much I enjoyed it! I think I will try to give books 2, 3 and 4 another shot.
Post a Comment