Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"The Opposite of Love" by Julie Buxbaum

I was wondered where I had found that book title! And here is was Julie's suggestion all along! Chick lit but not quite the typical chick lit.
A women in New York (of couse!) breaks up with her boyfriend because she thinks he's going to propose soon. A story about being honest with yourself.
I liked it!
********
Leah, I have read almost all of your suggestions from the website! With the exception of Pillars of the Earth, and the Shopaholic books (because my library NEVER has them and I don't want to put them on hold), and a couple of your latest suggestions, which I have on hold. All that to say, that is the reason for me not posting anything new - I've been reading!
I really liked "The Blood of Flowers" by the way. One of my favorites from the last few months!

3 comments:

Leah said...

hey lady! i am so pleased you have read my suggestions! i am still working my way through your list!! but you SERIOUSLY have to read the 2 newest suggestions... SOOOO GOOD!! i just know you're going to love them. yes, "the blood of flowers" is a very good book. i am not usually very interested in reading books set in the middle east, but this was written very well. am glad you enjoyed it. love you.

Anonymous said...

And I am pleased that you have read my selection!! My friends occasionally ask how I pick my books (because they know I am a happy reader!) and I say I just read what my cousins read....... which may not be entirely true, but it's pretty close. The Opposite of Love is one that I just picked out while wandering the stacks during Christmas holidays. I totally lucked out on that one. LOVED that book. I really do not like going to the library without a prepared list. Wandering does not usually provide me with anything worthwhile!
julie

Leah said...

ok, i have my library finding a whole ton of books for me, so am looking forward to this one, after what you've said, jules. can't wait.