Recommended by Julie. She "quite liked it".
From Amazon.ca
Delia has made a living writing a series of hugely successful modern household guides. As the book opens, she is not yet forty, but has only a short time to live.
She is preoccupied with how to prepare herself and her family for her death, from writing lists to teaching her young daughters how to make the perfect cup of tea. What she needs is a manual — exactly the kind she is the expert at writing. Realizing this could be her greatest achievement she sets to work. But, in the writing, she is forced to confront the ghosts of her past and she realizes that there is a journey she needs to make and one last vital thing she needs to do.
1 comment:
I just finished this book. It has been on my list for a while now and I've finally found it at my library. At first, I wasn't sure I wanted to continue reading - was tempted to chuck it into the pile of books ready to return to the library. But, I kept plugging away and finished it this morning. I ended up really enjoying this one - made me cry several times. I don't know why it was hard for me to read, but I think it was worth it.
Post a Comment