Wednesday, September 1, 2010
"Perfect Life" by Jessica Shattuck
This is sort of a chick lit novel, but has some substance to it. It's basically about a group of college friends, but years later. Three women and one guy. One of the women had a child by sperm donation of the college guy, but is married to someone else. The college guy had signed a contract never to contact the mother or child, but he shows up for the baby's dedication. The book involves all four college friends and looks at their very different lifestyles, and I guess explores what a "perfect life" would be. There are some weird (as in you have no idea why this section is even in the book!) parts in this book. I struggled to get into it but actually did like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I started this and then quit. Too much random stuff, like you said, Erica. Wasn't into this one.
Post a Comment