Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"All is Vanity" by Christina Schwarz

This is heavier chick-lit: a story about best friends Margaret and Letty. Margaret quits her teaching job in NYC to write the next great American novel. But months go by without any inspiration. Letty in California writes long, descriptive emails to Margaret about her new wealthy life, and her out of control spending. Margaret soon takes Letty's emails and compiles a novel. When Letty wants to stop spending and get her finances until control, Margaret urges her to continue, wanting more material for her novel.

It took me a while to get into this one, but I enjoyed it in the end. A bit wordy for chick-lit, but a fun story line.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I quite liked this pick Leah. I was sort of waiting for the story to start, but when it did, it went! Nice irony.

Leah said...

Yes, I totally agree! I felt like it took a while for the story to start and by that time the book was practically over. It was OK though.

I realized that I don't always comment on the books that I've read off the blog, so I am going to start doing that.