Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"We Need to Talk About Kevin" by Lionel Shriver

Leah, I know you are not a fan of this author, but I can't get enough of her smart writing and engrossing stories!
So, just for posterity, this book is written from the point of view of a mother of a boy who shoots up his school. Fascinating, and some surprising turns throughout.

2 comments:

Leah said...

I think I have tried this one before, and put it down before page 10. But the fact that you love it makes me think I should try it again. Maybe when I'm down to the nitty gritty of my book list. So, in about 8 years?

Anonymous said...

Glad somebody likes my suggestions!! haha.... Okay I've got a couple of gooders for you. The first is "Left Neglected" by Lisa Genova, same author as "Still Alice", and if you haven't read that yet, then put it right at the top of your list!! Last weekend I read "Room" by Emma Donaghue. I seriously could not put it down. I'd seen it on the best seller lists for some time, and on Heather's Picks on the Chapters website, and although I had no idea what it was about I picked it up when I saw it on the NEw Books shelf at the library. It is fascinating. It is written from the point of view of a 5 year old boy who along with his mother have been kept hostage in a shed in the backyard. Unbelievable story. A must read....

juliana