Sunday, August 7, 2011

"Rescue" by Anita Shreve

For some reason I thought this book was already posted, which is why I knew about it, but I can't find it on the blog. So somehow I must have found out about it all on my own! "Rescue" follows the story of Peter Webster, a paramedic who pulls Sheila out of a car wreck. They begin an intense love affair, get married and have a daughter, Rowan. Eighteen years later, Sheila is long gone and Peter Webster is raising his daughter alone, Sheila comes back, etc etc. This was only OK for me, but I read the whole thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree..... Not her best work. I have really enjoyed some of her other works, but this was kind of, well, not that good....

Julie


p.>s. I just finished two chick-lit books this week: Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner and The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand. I quite liked the latter one.

Erica said...

I started reading this and couldn't do it. I take it I'm not missing much.