Thursday, May 17, 2012
"The Shopaholic" series by Sophie Kinsella
Well, I have been busy really fluffy chick lit...the whole of the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. For some reason, my reading has been on the slower end of things, so I found that when I took a book out of the library (or several at one time as I usually do), I couldn't read them fast enough. The due date would come and then I'd return them unread, or half read, to avoid the late charges. So I turned to my book shelf...which is quite empty for an avid reader like myself! I rarely buy a book for myself...although I do usually have a book on my birthday or Christmas list. My criteria for owning a book, however, is quite strict, which is why my shelf is pretty empty. Anyway, I do own all of the Shopaholic books and I since I was looking for something simple and uncomplicated, I started with book number 1 and have been making my way happily through the series! I'm now about halfway through "Mini Shopaholic", the last book. I do have a whole bag of books that I've borrowed from a friend at work and am looking forward to reading them...there are some John Grisham in there! Well, that's my story for today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad to see you have been reading something!! Can you not renew your items from the library? That's what I do all the time! Can even do it online, which is easy peasy!
I noticed the other day at the library that there is a new Sophie Kinsella book. I can't remember what it's called, but it didn't seem to intrigue me, so I left it there! I used to have my name on the waiting list forever for her new ones. I don't own many books either. Okay, well, except for children's literature! I have a couple of shelves full of those..... My new favorite? Betty Bunny Loves Chocolate Cake by Michael B. Kaplan. Look for it next time you are in the library and sit yourself down for a few minutes and enjoy.....
Julie
P.S. Yes, I know I still owe you a real email. :)
Erica - I know you have read some Lionel Shriver books - Tell Me About Kevin, So Much for That, The Post-Birthday.... I just finished her latest release - The New Republic. It is definitely different than anything i have ever read. She wrote it before 9/11, but felt it inappropriate to publish it in the aftermath, as it has to do with terrorism. It's an interesting read. I think the guys would like this one too.
Julie
Post a Comment