Julia is 11, and in October of her 6th grade school year, the Earth's rotation starts to slow down. At first it's not terribly noticeable, but after a few weeks, the days stretch longer and longer, the nights are endless and cold, and by New Years Eve governments the world over have decided to stick to a 24 hour clock, and skip any days that were lost over the past months.
Nobody knows why this phenomenon is happening, or what to do about it, but the results of this bizarre "slowing" as they call it, are far reaching and devastating. Not only to wildlife, but to human health and relationships too. Everything - family, friends, loyalties, laws of physics - shifts after the slowing. This is the story of Julia coming of age in an age where nothing is normal.
4 comments:
Oooh, I love the sound of this one! Need to get to the lib soon.
Just finished this one Erica. It was so good. Reminded me of Lois Lowry's writing. Excellent.
mom
Ahhh, my new favourite! I absolutely adored this one. Reid MAY have been ignored a bit today as I tried to finish! It's ok, he's fine :) Just loved this one! Probably adding to my faves list. Great pick!
Chloe read this one too.... I clearly need to try a new genre of books, i guess. ....
Julie
Post a Comment