I have been reading quite a bit over the last 4 months, just haven't had time to post anything here! Here's what I've been reading while I bounce or nurse Fiona to sleep. Thank goodness for my Kobo!
1. The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls
I really enjoyed this one! The story of two girls who travel across the country to their uncle's house after their mother abandons them. A coming of age story, which I usually enjoy!
2. Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld
This one was a bit weird, but still enjoyable. Twin sister are psychic, and one predicts a major earthquake. The story is about their relationship, and the fallout from the prediction.
3. Trans-Sister Radio by Chris Bohjalian
This author also wrote Midwives, which I loved. This one is about a trans-sexual male to female, and how his life influences those around him (her). Very interesting read! (Fiction)
4. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
I never read this classic in high school, so thought I'd give it a go. Great read.
5. Sycamore Row by John Grisham
Good old John Grisham!
6. I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crossley
This is a collection of personal essays, covering growing up years, living and relationships in New York, careers and summer camp. I liked it. A nice light, and humorous read.
7. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
Another collection of essays, also funny and an enjoyable read.
8. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
Meh, your typical third installment of a trilogy. Honestly, I didn't know what was happening half the time in this one!
I think that's it!
2 comments:
Excellent! Thanks for the list. I liked The Silver Star too. I have a recommendation - Perfect, by Rachel Joyce. (author of The Unlikely Pilgramage of Harold Fry). It was good too, but I really really liked Perfect.
Julie
Wow, I have not read this post yet! I like your reads...do you have them all in e-pub format? Perhaps you would be so kind as to email them to me/Skype them to me (as a file) or post them on the e-reader facebook page so I can download them. Except Allegiant, which I have already read. And I agree...had no clue and hated the ending. Boo on book 3s in a trilogy. But excited for Divergent to come out as a movie.
Post a Comment