...in no particular order.
1) A House in the Sky by Amanda Lindhout. Excellent read and true story. Canadian girl Amanda is a world traveller who wants to see everything. This is her story of being held captive for ransom in Somalia for 15 months. Read this over Christmas and couldn't put it down.
2) Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner. A chic lit, easy read about 3 friends who meet at a prenatal yoga class. Their stories and struggles in their first year of motherhood. Entertaining for what it is.
3) The Racketeer by John Grisham. I can't remember if I've posted this or not. I read it a while ago so can't really remember a lot. It's about some guy in prison who knows something about some murders happening on the "outside". He cuts a deal with the Feds, gets out and eventually disappears off the grid. Pretty entertaining to read, actually.
4) I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella. Again, read a while ago, don't think I posted it. I think it's about a girl who finds a cell phone in a garbage can and takes it. She gets connected to the guy who owns it, etc etc, falls in love, etc etc. Chic lit but fun as Sophie Kinsella usually is.
5) The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriary. Based in Australia, this book covers a few different characters who are all having crisis' of one kind or another, of course. This wasn't total fluff, but not that serious either. I liked it.
6) Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner. This one is about a young college girl who sells her eggs to make some money. The story follows her, the surrogate mother, and the couple who hires the surrogate. Pretty good. Again, chic lit but a bit more serious.
It would appear I need to stop reading so much chic lit.
No comments:
Post a Comment