Sunday, November 2, 2008

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

1 can(540ml) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup chopped red peppers
1/4 cup tahini
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 small clove garlic, minced

You can also omit the red peppers and use 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes that have been rehydrated in hot water and drained.
And I also couldn't find tahini in town so I used tatziki sauce instead.
Then, blend them all together and you're good to go!

Serve with crackers of your choice.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Glad you posted this Leah. I will put up the pita chips, because I just can't get enough of those! Made the combo last weekend and the in-laws were delighted. Yummy!

Leah said...

oh yes, was going to ask you how the hummus and pita chips went over with the in-laws! glad it was a success!

Anonymous said...

This too sounds yummy. I am now going to confess that President's Choice from Superstore makes a fantastic red pepper hummus..... I know, I know....it's not homemade......but sometimes time is of the essence!

julie

Leah said...

thanks for the time saving tip, jules. i am going to check it out next time i'm in Shop Easy. sounds good to me!!