Monday, July 11, 2011

"Down A Sunny Dirt Road" by Stan & Jan Berenstain

Prepare yourself, because this is an autobiography of Stan & Jan Berenstain, authors and illustrators of the beloved "Berenstain Bears" series!

I just picked this up today at the library, but so far I have enjoyed every minute of reading it! The writing alternates back and forth between Stan & Jan, each writing about their own growing up, school years, teen years etc. Lovely illustrations in their signature style, along with photographs and other original artwork by the two of them.

A very cute, fun and easy read!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to let you know that I have just finished looking through every page of this entire blog!!! I am making a list of all the books i can remember reading in my adult life. You know how your mom writes them all down in the back of her recipe book??? I always say I should write them down, but I don't. SO now seemed a good time! I have read lots of your suggestions, and they were springboards for other ones that I had read. I filled almost 4 pages of looseleaf paper and will just keep writing them down as they come to me.....

Julie

Anonymous said...

New suggestions that I have read lately: Orange Is the New Black My Year in a Women's Prison - Piper Kerman, Faith - Jennifer Haigh, The Lake of Dreams - Kim Edwards....

Julie

Leah said...

This book sounds like a dream come true!! Will have to get through the stack of books on my nightstand first.

Leah said...

I have to admit that I skipped past Stan and Jan's chapters on the early years and started right into the creation of the Bears. It was an interesting read and I enjoyed reading how they finally got those bears on paper! And interesting to know that they worked with Dr Seuss, which I didn't know!